Do you agree with this statement?

..."Obama’s style has invited disillusionment. His messianic campaign raised impossible hopes (particularly among Comedy Central viewers, apparently), and he has made a habit of baldly overpromising, whether the subject is the unemployment rate or the health care bill. Obama seems as if he would have been a wonderful chief executive in an era of prosperity and consensus, when he could have given soaring speeches every week and made us all feel tingly about America. But he’s miscast as a partisan scrapper, and unpersuasive when he tries to feel the country’s economic pain...."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't say it in a condescending he's out of touch with the people kind of way....No...And AGRESSIVE isn't a word i Associate with President Obama
    ______________________
    I wouldn't associate it with his presidency, but I sure would with his campaign. His campaigning is definitely aggressive.

I feel he's really out of touch with people- think of the temperature he keeps the White House, the meals served there, the vacations they take, etc, and think about the state of the economy. The only people he's in touch with are millionaires.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No I don't . He has vision but Congress does not . Now it seems instead of facing the future, the US may be marching boldly backwards into the past.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Nope. I don't agree with it at all. I think the blogger is way off mark. In fact, he seems like the sort of guy who likes to hear himself talk, and will continue talking just to hear the sound of his voice, even long after any audience he may have had has left the building. 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No I do not agree. I do agree that that statement is typical for a politician though. Do you honestly think that all campaign promises are kept, do you honestly believe that all politicians love all those babies that they kiss?? This is politics, and unfortunately, it's a game just like any other.
    Anonymous

• No I don't agree, total BS!

Answer by older at 8:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No I do not. I think this comment really forgets that there are and were educated voters who thought and possibly still do think that Pres. Obama was the best candidate and choice for president.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't agree with it at all
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't agree. "messianic" is so not true and really a disgusting way to describe the President.This guy in the New York Times, blogging, is definitely one-sided and irrational.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes. I agree with a lot of that statement.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, not at all.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2010