Is anyone else going to have a bad halloween?

my kids just got there heart broken cause there dad won't be able to trick or treat with them again 5 yrs in a row now and they have been looking for it all week and now hubby won't prolly be home intil 11 at night and now my childern locked there selfs in there rooms and 1 won't get off the chair so really my childern are on strike and hubby was doing his loads early so he can be there for them this yr and now he has been stilling for 30 hrs at this 1 place witch never happens so does anyone else having a hard time to get childern to go trick or treating or do they have any ideas to get my kids to go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• If they don't want to go they don't want to go.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Usually if you act like you're having a fun time than they'll have a fun time. I want get dressed and act like I'm really really excited and tell them they're going to get candy for dad for when he comes home. I'm not really sure but when I was a kid if my parents thought it was exciting than I always wanted to do it to just see what all the fuss was about.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• That sucks, I'm sorry. I would probably do what the second poster said. I wish I could get my kids to be patient, they keep knocking on the neighbors door. I live on the west coast so we still have lots of time ugg
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 4:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2008