I know, another what would you do, how would you feel?

okay this one is based on me...
My mother and my husband has been on very unforeseeable terms as far as a good relationship, far from what it was in the beginning. Now my mother has a thing for taking my child, as much as she can and never cares to oversee my parental rights and or concerns, Now because she and my husband don't see eye to eye for anything...She called CWS;child welfare services/known as CPS Child Protective Services and is trying to take the child away from me, and become their foster parent. She asked me the other day for my marriage certificate and I asked her, for what? and she replied, for a trust she is putting together. In reality, she is getting her paper work done so if my kids are taken away, She can have them......UGH! IT JUST hurts me so much! I would literally strangle anyone that tries to take my kids away from me, yet my mother! what? it's so painful. Everyone knows my kids are loved well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• How awful... I guess if I were you I'd limit the contact with my mom and if you're doing anything that could possibly result in you having your kids taken I'd get my act together quickly!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• ok, let me just ask first.....is there any reason at all your children could even be removed? if there is not a case then she will be put on their 'nusance' list lol and you will have a case against her in court. and of course i would not let her babysit or see them unless i was there to give it my whole attention.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• NOPE, nothing possible to take my kids away. That's the thing...everyone else thinks it's ridiculously crazy and by doing what she did, actually hurts my teenager, whom she has no interest in. Because she now has anxiety from her grandmother, and the situation. During the most important time of her Educational life for applying for the best prestige school in Hawaii and had to take a test upon those feelings and worse yet, Everyone just can't believe it either. My children are healthy, academics are way up to par, clean, HAPPY, and the community love them dearly. Church leaders adore their courage and spirit, School council, want's more kids like them, and well, I just think my mom is completely gone crazy! Everyone knows not to mess with my kids, especially my siblings. My whole life is for them and for their best interest. This is an open, and shut case! I feel so betrayed though. So does my teenager. My 5yr old have no clue
    808tiare

Answer by 808tiare at 8:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• well, then i would just say don't worry about that part of it (the cps part) and just try to keep your distance from grandma. i wouldn't really say shut her out completely, but definately nothing more than an aquaintance sort of relationship. if she keeps harassing you though maybe you will have to take some legal actions, but i do agree that she sounds like she's losing it. maybe try to encourage her to get some therapy. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Get rid of her until she pays attention to your wishes she wants your kids but she is going to have to prove you and your hubby are unfit I would move as far away from her as possible when this is over. I would start to hunt and gather evidence start talking to your children about where they go with Grandma start asking so you can figure out what your next move is . GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There is no way she will "GET your kids"....she would have to have PROOF of abuse , neglect or some criminal acts .....if you have done nothing, have nothing to hide, she will not be able to take your kids.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That is so sad that this is happening, but it does seem like it would be in everyone's best interests to limit interaction with grandma unless you are there to supervise.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Limit her contact and apply for a restraining order to keep her away. She sounds like she has serious mental issues.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• She only has the power you give her. You are the parent. Act like it! Stop letting her walk all over you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would be pissed and I wouldnt let her see my children anymore.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010