Does it ever get better being a SAHM?

I mean I love the kids (they aren't mine they belong to SO) I do think of them as mine though. The two older ones fight all the time and I think the 3y/o has finally gotten the "terrible two's".

gratefulangel77

Asked by gratefulangel77 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• i agree. it is what it is.. for me its perfect, but still have my struggles!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yeah, i'm going through my boys fighting all the time and it's driving me up the wall. i'm trying some conflict resolution stuff....let's see how that works lmao. but of course it's better on the days when there is less stress (now that is few and far between lol). gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If you don't enjoy it now, maybe being a SAHM isn't for you.
    There isn't any "better" to being a SAHM. There are just some days where you'd rather hide in a closet while the majority of the days are wonderful.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Maybe my words didn't come out just right. I do love it 99%% of the time. There are just times like you say I just wanna hide for a minute or two.
    gratefulangel77

Comment by gratefulangel77 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It does get better as they grow

Answer by older at 8:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I can tell as an "experienced" SAHM - been doing this for over 21 years.....if you continue to be a SAHM - the joys and rewards are wonderful. As they grow older, you get to volunteer in their schools, you get to be there for homework, heartache, and all the good, bad, and ugly in between.
    But you have to remember that you aren't perfect, you'll have your moments and it is okay to take a moment step away (make sure the kids are contained) and SCREAM....it releases tension, stress, and endorphins.
    My oldest are my twins, 21 years old, one is married and the other engaged. I have a 15 yr old daughter and a 13 yr old son also. I volunteer with the band programs at their schools. I love what I do. But I still have moments where I go into my room and scream.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010