Stupid Sowbugs...

I have an Avacodo Tree that I planted about a year ago in a large pot (I live in an apartment...no where to plant it outside) with it being so young I only just introduced it to the outdoors this past spring, and after an oddly chilled night it suffered burns from the cold and almost died. I nursed it and put it back outside when I was sure it would stay warm for the summer, and now that winter is upon us again I brought it inside last night. Well, come to find out it is infested with Sowbugs...(for those of you who don't know what this bug is, go to this website: http://insected.arizona.edu/isoinfo.htm)
My question to you ladies is...how do I make them go away? I have many houseplants, and I do not want the bugs migrating to them. But I also do not want to leave my tree outside for much longer for fear of the cold.
So, what can I use that is safe for my tree that will rid me of the damn Sowbugs?

CarolynBarnett

Asked by CarolynBarnett at 1:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Home & Garden

• http://www.pestcontrolcanada.com/INSECTS/sow_bugs.htm

This site basically says controll the moisture level or no matter what chemical you use they will keep coming back.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Interesting, thank you. I suppose I will leave my tree outside for a week or two (it SHOULD be ok for that long - I hope!) And just not water it? Let the soil dry out? And then when it is dry and no sight of the little buggys then I will bring it back inside...

*sigh*

I hope it works.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008