I am so tired, by the time the kids go to bed I don't feel like doing anything...

I know there is so much that needs to be done and I have to do some laundry, but the bathroom needs cleaned, I should pick up the living room, I could go on... but I just really want to sit on the couch w/a cup of tea and just watch tv...

Does anyone else feel that way?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• YES...I still have not came up with a solution that works for me a lot of women here are probably a lot organized than me...lol and that works for them but it seems like I am always feeling the way you do :( Sorry no help here.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I feel this way everyday. The home is clean until they come home from school, and somehow it gets turned upside down by bedtime. I'm cleaning up behind them so much that I'm too exhausted to do anything. Tomorrow I'm going to sit down and think of some rules for them. This is enough, I can't continue doing this because why should I continue cleaning up messes I didn't do? My mom told me tonite on the phone to lay some rules down quick. My 15 year old "ONLY" child is clean. He's basically on the phone, computer or playing video games. Now my two nieces ages 5 and 7 whom I have custody of is a piece of work, but I'm going to lay some rules down tomorrow for them. My parents told me tonight that I have to sat boundaries with them or they'll tear my house down. I have some expensive things in my house, and if they get broken??????
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• 2 months ago I made a "chore" chart. I cleaned my ENTIRE house top to bottom (7 hour task). Then, NO MATTER WHAT I followed the chart.

Sun: Do laundry & make one meal (soup, stew, spaghetti, etc) that is easy to reheat through the week in case if I come home & am too exhausted to cook. As I'm cooking I wipe off the counters, take out trash, organize kitchen, etc.
    Mon: vaccuum house
    Tue: mop kitchen & bathroom floors...clean bathroom
    Wed: Laundry & spend 30 minutes organizing counter space/area by front door/cleaning up liv room, etc.
    Thur: clean dog pin, dust
    Fri: Laundry
    Sat: spend 1 hour organizing/doing a general pick up of home

This works for me because I know if I just commit myself to that one short task it can be done! Also with the kids, since most of these tasks only take about 30-40 mins, maybe there is a show they watch or something to keep them entertained for that amount of time?
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 8:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my kids wait for their father to get home usually.. esp the 1 yr old it is a little nuts.. so by the time he gets here its very late, and i should be doing so much, but all i want to do is SLEEP!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My son is self-sufficient so I do everything right when I get home. I do my cooking and cleaning while he plays and does homework, because I'm the same way and once I sit down for the night I'm done!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• All the time. By the time I finish running around getting dinner cooked, HW finished and checked, read with, bathe to bed etc. I'm wiped and can't even think about dishes, laundry, floor, dog etc.etc.etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• ah tell me about it! Theres just so much to do all day long and sometimes its not easy to get it all done.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i clean like nuts on sunday so I have all week to play with our son and just be lazy if I want which I always do!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There are days when I literally fall into bed the second I know they are sleeping.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2010