I feel so stupid...

I could google this but I figured I'd get better answers here. Are any of you on SSI? (disability) I live in Washington state and I am completly uninformed about the new health care plan...My Mom said I better get my butt to the dentist because after December dental care will no longer be available to me, is this true? Can someone fill me in please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i would call the insurance company or the dentist office and ask
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I dont really know. Why dont you call you insurance and ask them?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Medicare does not provide dental so it is dependent on what your state medicaid provides. If you are on medicaid then you need to talk to them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• SSI has nothing to do with dental work... and Medicaid specifically does NOT cover any dental work unless it's necessary to treat a medical condition. You would have to be more specific about which program you are using for any of us to really help you.

It's likely if your mother is somewhat in charge of your account, or using the same programs you are, that she knows better than anyone here.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree with the 2 previous posters.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My MIL is on SSDI with Medicare, and she gets even more healthcare. Some things, like her home delivery of certain items will have to be switched to another company, but that's about it. My son gets SSI for his disabilities, The Medicaid he has now, also sent out a letter with a whole list of new things he will be able to get once the new HC goes into effect.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It varies by state. Call your local social services office and they can tell you
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 11:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010