How do you get a black permanet marker out of your cherry colord couch?

So upset that my toddler did this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I tend to keep permanent markers out of reach. If that fails, go to the website or google it. One way or another if there is hope you will find it. Problem with permanent marker is just that. And all the time it took typing it here, when I am pretty sure you have to act fast. Maybe buy a slip cover or flip the cushion.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would try putting some laquer thinner on a rag. - (wear gloves) And rub it across the spot. You will know if it's going to work right away. See if the rag is pulling up black. Repeat if necessary. If it it a leather stained couch, beware. This will take off the finish if applied across to many times. Do not set the rag down on anything, the vapors alone could cause damage to certain finished. Good Luck. If this fails, you can get an exact match paint and apply over the spot with a small brush. If it doesn;t match perfect, you can remove the paint in the same manor. It wouldn't hurt to just try a sample clean 1st on a spot underneath to make sure this won't discolor the fabric.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Have you tried vinegar?
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2010