How did you announce your pregnancy?

Some people just text it to everyone on their contact list...others wait for an important get together. Whatever the case -- how did you break the news for family & friends? Did you do anything different for your husband/bf?

CayShek

Asked by CayShek at 8:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I called my mom and dad (as did he) but everyone else got a picture message of the positive pregnancy test...then I posted it to Facebook. As long as I called the important ones,everyone else is fair game to see on FB.And I HATE talking on the phone!!!!!
    EmilysMom105

Answer by EmilysMom105 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I didn't have to do much, everyone talks so damn much. I just told a family member and in 30 minutes my phone was ringing off the hook.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My husband & I found out at the same time.. But we never got the chance to do any announcing because my little brother overheard us talking and ran across to my DH's aunts house and told her I was pregnant.. Then his aunt called his Mother, and pretty much everyone else she knew and told them, lol... :-/
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I had my daughter where a shirt that said I'm a big sister to a little brother. No one knew I was pregnant until I was 20 weeks along and knew the sex and we went to visit family at that time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We haven't announced it yet, and we're at 16 weeks plus. Both husband and I have older siblings who've labled us "childless," so we're opting to wait until after the holiday season, so we won't be bombarded by their collective disbelief...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010