how can i get my 2 year old to like and respect me?

He adors his dad but when I come in the room even when I try to cuddle or hug him he pushes me away . He also becomes angry sometimes and hits me or tries to bite me I try time out but that doesn't work .I love mmy little boy I just want to get close to him and play together . help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is your DH with him more often. At this age, kids tend to attach to one parent. It's not that he doesn't like and respect you. He will get better about it with time.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Kids do that from time to time. He'll shuffle soon and will want nothing to do with your DH for a while!
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 8:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I am sure he likes you,your mom.Going thru the terrible 2's and rough,my 19 month old loves on me but doesn't listen to me very well,now when my boy friend walks through the door she is completely different ,she is a perfect angel,its just a phase i think.good luck
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i am going thrue the same thing with my dd but she dus not hit or bitte me just dus not like she respects me i am with her all the time yes i am a sahm and she lises to her dad butter then what she dus me i dont know if that is becuse he is not here all the time and he is working or what but i wish it wold stop grrrrrrrrr
    RoRo1986

Answer by RoRo1986 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010