this cant be normal can it ????

okay my dd is 7 months old and everytime i give her a bottle for bed she goes right to sleep with no issues but if i give her baby food before she has a huge crying fit thats not normal and shes even had allergy testing done

AngelGrace0510

Asked by AngelGrace0510 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe she just wants the bottle....my 11 month old sounds like hes in pain when he throws a tantrum. just to rule it out offer her the bottle in bed after the cereal....but i must tell you im very against giving baby bottle in bed its not a good idea.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It might just be that the bottle soothes her to sleep and the food is just not cutting it. My son was the same way when he was smaller, he'd pass out with the bottle
    krisholl2285

Answer by krisholl2285 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think she just likes her bottle more its a soothing item that helps her sleep maybe the cereal doesn't fill her up the same effect that the bottle does
    proudmom2287

Answer by proudmom2287 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i do give her the bottle after like tonight i fed her peas and applesauce then i gave her a bottle then she threw a huge fit
    AngelGrace0510

Comment by AngelGrace0510 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• maybe she had a stomach ache? or maybe she had gas
    krisholl2285

Answer by krisholl2285 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• this always happens even if i wait a week to give her blaby food she always crys when she has baby food
    AngelGrace0510

Comment by AngelGrace0510 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• So quit trying to give it to her! She wants her bottle because she knows it's what she needs! Baby food is NOT necessary - and you're supposed to give it AFTER a bottle, not before!
    Anonymous

• I agree stop giving her baby food. It could be giving her a stomache ache or you are overfeeding. If you want to give her something, give her table food and let her self feed, or at least make sure she gets bottle first and solids second. Babies do not digest solids well any way so all nutrition comes from milk not solids. Check out baby led solids particularly the gil rapely article.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Perhaps you can try a rice cereal (my daughter actually preferred whole weat, barley or mixed grain though) made with some of her formula if you want to give her solids before bed instead of the bottle.
    As for the other food issues, I guess just take it slow. I didn't have any trouble with my daughter in that area, but I made my own. I'm not sure what you're doing, but I'm just putting out there that it's what I did. If you're doing premade maybe switch to boiling your own from frozen and sending it through the blender with a little cooking water, see if doing it homemade makes a difference, or vice versa.
    If nothing works I'd say talk to her dr. and just move past it for now.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 6:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2010