HOW WAS YOUR HALLOWEEN?

Mine was great! We had a party for them at home, then we went trick-or-treating. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with all this candy. I don't want them eating so much of it. Any suggestions as to what I should do with it? They collected quite a bit, but I really don't want them eating all of it. I know some of you might say why did I take them out if I'm only going to take the candy, but I never thought they would get this much. Our neighbors normally leave their light off, but this year everybody participated.

ambr2006

Asked by ambr2006 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• First thing I do is go through and discard anything that is unwrapped or looks tampered with. Then I separate all the chocolate in a ziploc, all gum goes in the trash unless it's sugar free. All gummies stuff goes in a pile, tootsie roills, starburts, now n laters. They don't like them plus the dentist has made it clear the gummies help cause more between teeth cavaties than any other. They don't like tart or sour stuff..all this goes to the candy jar in the break room at my husbands office. What is left they get a little each day until they are sick ofg it...at that point the rest goes to the office as well.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It was fun! The kids had a blast
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanks a million! Good tips, and I'll take mine to the teacher's lounge and see how fast it goes.
    ambr2006

Comment by ambr2006 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Cold VERY cold....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It was loads of fun! I'm having the same issue. I think I will keep it put up and give them some a little at a time and offer a candy bowl when we have friends over to help get rid of it. Also, a few kids of ppl at my husband's work didn't get to go trick or treating, so he wants to bring some for them.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• it was a great day!
    i passed out candy for the first time ever! what fun! i got a little carried away at first, and had to cut back in the middle! dh took the 2 yo's, and the big boys went with friends. the 2 yo's had a great time, they were batman and batgirl! they were soo cute! we got all the pumpkins carved satuday (hooray!) i did most of the work, but at least the kids hung around and pretended to help :)!
    my 2 yo son was up at 5:30 this morning. dh found him sitting on the counter eating the candy! so, the candy is hidden...i throw out a bit each day.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It was good. We took the kids trick or treating and carved pumpkins.
    Mom2Girls83

Answer by Mom2Girls83 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010