Are you pro choice or pro life?

I'm pro choice to a point. i do believe a woman should have the right to choose what to do with her body. but i do not agree with the women who use abortions as a form of birth control. but there are some women out there who get abortions for a good reason for example those who were raped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am pro choice. I couldn't have an abortion, but that's my personal decision. I can't say what someone else should do. I vote today, my own decisions-I can't vote for someone else. Being pro choice is not being pro abortion. I'm 62. When I was young, women were going to butchers and using coat hangers and knitting needles, for what is now a much safer medical procedure. To abolish this would be like prohibition was with booze. It would be a tragedy. You women that want the laws changed to prohibit abortion would have the blood of many women on your hands.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm with you I'm Pro-choice but Anti-abortion. I believe abortion should only happen under certain circumstances. I'm makes me ill that so many women just use it as a form of BC.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I am ProLife. I feel a woman makes her choice when she decides to have intercourse. I realize many of us also choose to use bc but it doesn't always work.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'm both. I am not anti life

I am pro making my own medical decisions, and pro you doing the same.

The Dr and the patient can figure out THEIR plan together, has nothing to do with me

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I beieve that most women don't rely on abortion as their primary choice for birth control and that having one is not an easy choice... but it IS her choice.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I am pro making my own medical decisions, and pro you doing the same.

THIS^
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Pro-Choice ... it's not up to the government or anyone else to make that kind of personal decision for the woman but her. I certainly don't want to be forced to continue a pregnancy and have a kid I didn't want. I think the choice should happen before the pregnancy occurs, but birth control is not 100% and accidents happen. Not to mention the cases of rape that may produce a pregnancy.

It's simple, if you are against abortion, then either don't put yourself in the position of having that option or if that is an option, don't make that choice, however, do not tell me I can't choose that option for me just because you don't agree with it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Pro-choice. I am not comfortable with the govt having that much control. I also think people need to mind their own uterus....stop worrying about everyone else. I will never understand the pro-life 100% stance. You can't be pro-life and say the mother should die.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with you....there are too many available options for birth control for women to be choosing abortion as thier BC. I'm pro-life.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I used to be pro-life, but I blame that mostly on the near brainwashing I endured in my uber-conservative Christian household growing up. Once I was old enough to actually learn about things myself and had experienced some real life things, my opinion changed to pro-choice. But, like you said, I don't think it should be used as a form of birth control (I've known people who used it like that). I think it's a decision that should be very carefully considered before going through with anything because the decision could effect you for the rest of your life.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010