computer question

ok so i dont have wifi in my house so i was wondering if i could connect my laptop to my computer and work off of that internet?is there anything i need to connect someone help me please and thank you

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 8:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Technology

• Take the ethernet cable out of your desktop and connect it to your laptop....it kinda looks like a bigger telephone cord. usually a yellow cable. its the one with you internet connection.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You can do what finkette says or you can connect a usb cable to your modem and to your laptop and have them both work at the same time.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• All you really need to do it sounds like is to go and buy a cheap router to hook up. That way you can use your laptop anywhere in your home that you'd like
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• ^^^ this is what we did. Hooked the modem up to the computer and router up to the computer and it runs all of our wifi.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You can get a router so both the computer and the laptop can be online at the same time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with the other posters; disconnect the ethernet cable from your PC to your laptop.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• dido
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2010