Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What in the heck is wrong with him?

I am so over my X and have been since our divorce but...
He will not stop asking me when DH and I are going to divorce or when am I leaving DH. The X says he is still in love with me and yet he is remarried also. I am so uncomfortable. He has no contact with our children because he was abusive and crazy to all of us. The judge issued that contact only be done through e-mail and must only be in regards to "Emergencies Only" (life or death). Lately he has been sending these seriously delusional emails about us getting back together and such. Should I forward these emails to his new wife? There is a no contact order in place but it is only for physical contact for the protection of the children. I thought about changing my e-mail address however this is my main one and used for EVERYTHING. (also tried blocking him...he just makes a new one) What should I do?


Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 8:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

Level 22 (12,593 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • First of all......DO NOT DELETE THOSE EMAILS.....WHATEVER YOU DO!!!!!!!!!.......That's evidence and it does not get any better than that!!!!.......I would contact my own lawyer and explain this to him/her and let them handle it. However, if you don't have a lawyer, Then take them to the courts or speak to someone at the courts and explain the problem. They will probably be able to give you information on what your next step would be. Trust me, i used to work in the "Civil Courts" office in my county and i have seen these kinds of cases..Most women/men don't have evidence that this kind of thing is happening...So, like i said....KEEP THE EMAILS....And if nothing, Forward the emails to another email address, for safe keeping!...............And Good Luck to you!

    Answer by gogogirl79 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • I would delete them and change your email. if he has no contact with the kids, there is not a reason he has your email, if there is an emergency, you will know how to get ahold of him... I know you use this email for everything but .. you shouldn't have to deal with this either... so it Can be as easy as just changing your email.. yeah it will suck at first but will be well worth it

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • If he's abusive as he claims and you forward them to his wife, you're just going to get her hit. Abusive men don't like being confronted. I still say get a hold of a lawyer. she'll find out that way.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • No forward them to your lawyer, not to his wife, that could be construed as you starting trouble. Forward them all to your lawyer, and don't respond to him. Start a file in your e-mail, and possibly print them and put them in a file.

    Or just change your e-mail, even if you've had it forever, better to stop the problems.

    Good Luck.

    Answer by ohwrite at 9:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • I think you should contact a lawyer. Don't send them to his wife now but get a lawyer and print them all off and show it to him/her.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • i'd forward them to his wife

    Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • omg well, i am livign under a protective order with email contact only... any kind. so far he is ok but thinks we wioll reconcile. so i woudl say you have to reply firmly of what you feel, and then DONT reply any more and give him the cold shoulder. that will show him you mean NO. dont play games or rationalize with a wacky person or placate him.. he is out of it and especially if he is remarried what drama and is dangerous and harmful to your current state,. watch out.

    Answer by silverelf at 9:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • Ignore his emails and yes I would send them to his wife.

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • I refuse to reply to them. Do you think forwarding them to his lawyer might be better? I have his email address! =)

    Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • I would forward them to his lawyer, and contact a lawyer for myself as well. GL

    Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 9:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010