Do you agree with this poll?

The number of Americans who say things are going badly in the country, at 75 percent, is higher than it has been on the eve of any midterm election since the question was first asked in the mid-1970s, according to a new national poll.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Monday also indicates that the economy remains, by far, the top issue on the minds of Americans. Fifty-two percent of people questioned say the economy's the most important
issue facing the country.

Just one in four polled Americans say things are going well in the country today, with three-quarters saying things are going poorly.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OP, the polls don't surprise me a bit. What I do find enormously satisfying is the results are similar no matter who is doing the polling.

Sweet, I thought you got a job? Is is working on cafemom. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day I come on here, but there you are question after question and dozens and dozens of posts. How do you manage it all?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would vote for Mike Pence over Obama

So you would put social issues over the economy....Why aren't you listening to the people??  O the irony

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I, personally, think that America (and I say that because I was not a part of those who voted him in) made a huge mistake voting Obama into presidency. Why would we ever elect a Muslim to lead OUR country. It makes no sense at all to me. I know this might upset some, but I really don't care.
    Answer by christy_lvr 22 minutes ago

--------------------------------------------------------
    He is NOT a Muslim. HAve you been getting some of those disgusting , wingnut e-mails? Delete them because they are bigoted lies.
    Again: HE is NOT a Muslim.
    Sheeeeesh.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

Look, a good old fashioned bigot....and who did you vote for? O the white non Muslim....gotcha'

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree-- I am an independent going to vote conservative tomorrow I have never done that before-- I a Big Bill/Hillary fan Leiberman those guys this was tough for me but I see no better choice right now
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Even in 1994, when the Republicans last took control, and in 2006, when control flipped back to the Democrats, roughly half the public was satisfied with the state of the nation,"

LOL...Not much going on in 94...A lil bit more on our plate, Thanks Bushie!! Still don;t miss ya

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

•  The party of a president with approval ratings below 50% has lost an average of 36 seats in mid-term elections since 1946, according to Gallup, a polling firm. The state of the economy also portends Democratic losses . The last time unemployment was anything like its current level of 9.6% at a mid-term election, in 1982, the president’s party lost 26 seats in the House, even though it was already in the minority.

gee...Obama and Reagan have so much in common

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

•  

LOL, you would like to think Mike Pence is my favorite politician.... He's not, though... Nice Lie.... :o)

No need to lie, YOU said you would vote for HIM as President , So I would HOPE you were putting the BEST (in YOUR opinion) out there...but please, do tell....who is yoru fav that you would vote for Mike Pence over??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• How could anyone with any sense think things are going good?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010