will I lose my kids to my ex because im gay

He just got out of jail and is fighting me for full custody, we live in differnt states and i will not move because ive been here for a long time and stable but is fight is that my girlfriend lives with us and he thinks that its bad for out kids.... I get alot look down on it but that dont mean im a bad mother.... Does Arkansas look down on this, does she need to move out? Im not sure if he really has a case

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Um he just got out of jail, while you are providing a stable, loving home. I am pretty sure he doesn't stand a chance, no matter what your sexual orientation is!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• WHAT?! That's just crazy! No you won't lose your children because your lesbian. The judge will rule on who's more of a fit parent. Getting out jail? That's not looking good on him. Don't let him play head games with you. You have nothing to worry about.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You shouldn't. Not real sure what AK laws are, but he was in jail after all.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• MommaofH2 took the words out of my fingertips! A criminal vs someone with a same sex partner.....the courts would be nuts to side with him.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Normally I would say he does not have a case, but if Arkansas has any similarity to the school board member that said all those hateful things in facebook, then you have a problem.

Answer by older at 9:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sorry, but they usually look at the stability of the parent and the home....and having just gotten out of jail isn't very stable.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't think you'll have a problem. I agree with MommaofH2.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You should go to legal aid so they can let you know based on where you are. Ideally, the better parent should have the kids, but depending on where you are someone could be really twisted and think that a gay mother could never be a good mother. Sad, but true state of affairs these days!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• you need to get a free consult from a lawyer. But I think before a child is taken from their mother they have to prove you unfit. Being gay is unfit. GoodLuck
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 11:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Lawyer! He just got out of jail there is no way they will take a child or children from a home in which they have been stable. He is nuts to think he can do this...Being gay is NOT unfit!!!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2010