Advice on family and dealing with Dss

My daughter is 19 months old and the joy of my life.Her and I resided in a shelter for a little while and someone there called Child protective services and started making up alot of FALSE allegations.The social worker did her investigation and they decided I needed parenting classes which is no big deal and I decided to let my daughter stay with my dad til I got my own place.I am really close to getting that and I work and have been the whole time.My father and I dont get along and he volunteered my whole life story to this social worker and they think i am the worse person ever.I decided not to take her back to my dad's this weekend to take her trick or treating and mind you I have custody of her and he called Dss and told them about it and they did nothing.In you opionion do you think DSS would take my baby because I didn't take her home because I want her with me? I've never dealt with this so i have no clue how this works

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't get it. If you have custody, isn't home with you?.....I'm not sure how this works, but I wish you the best of luck in getting it all figured out.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Home is with me but they want me to have a stable home, I have a room mate and I live with her and her children and its not permanent
    alaina_20

Comment by alaina_20 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would get whatever help to make it happen faster. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I am trying so hard,believe me. I feel no matter what I do I hit a wall
    alaina_20

Comment by alaina_20 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• They won't take her away, I don't think. You let your dad keep her voluntarily. You have custody of her. Just continue to work with them and work on finding a permanent home. Show them who you are now. Very few things from your past should matter in this case. Good luck, hon.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't see how they could take her, you have custody not your Dad.
    joeysmommie07

Answer by joeysmommie07 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010