Ummm oops!?

I know this will sound really bad but im not sure what to do. I have been dating someone for 5 months now, and Someone that I have known for along time that ive liked forever finally came out and told me he was into me. Ive wanted to be with him forever but my relationship at the moment is wonderful and i cant break their heart for no reason. Should i stop talking to my friend all together and hanging out with him. I know i wont do anything to hurt the one i am with but i dont want them to be uncomfotable about us hanging out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• its early enough where yes, it would hurt but you never want to look back 5 years later and wonder what if..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I say back it off with your friend. Why run something good for a little infatuation? He may look good on the outside but he may be very bad at relationships. If you have something wonderful right now, don't ruin it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I say why stay with someone for any amount of time that isn't THE ONE. If you have feelings for this other guy, then it is not to be.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sorry lil junebug...but I have years of experience in these matters and I just gotta say, they're aint no such thing as "The One." A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you have something wonderful why ruin it for somebody who obviously wasn't into you for a long time but suddenly had a vacancy and decided you'd do til somebody else came along? Let him simmer on the back burner for awhile.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 9:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

It's sad that you haven't met a man wonderful enough for you to consider "The One". To answer the question...if you aren't into him then I'd let him go. No need to waste either of your time if it isn't happening for you.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Who do you really want to be with? You would not be "breaking his heart for no reason"...it would be because you are into someone else. Would that sting? Um...yeah...but think about it if the tables were turned...do you want some guy to string it out with you whilst they are pining for someone else? Or would you rather he just cut you loose to find someone who's better suited to you? Is it going to really amount to anything? Is he of good character? Or was the previous poster correct in assuming that you are succumbing to a "grass is greener" mentality? Will you indeed end up with no one if you are just a conquest to him? Only you can answer these questions....best of luck in your decision.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'll just bump you on this one. Sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would stay with the guy you are with and back off with your friend.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010