ARe things gonna change in D.C?

What are your thoughts on this?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unless people stop voting in the same idiots with a different tune (party line) its never going to change. In order for real change, the long term losers need to be kicked out, the R and D party line needs to be thrown out, and start actually seeing what the PERSON not the party will actually do. If he doesnt do as he/she promised, vote em out! They work for us, not the other way around ! We need people who care about this country, not the ones who could care less about us while lining their own pockets.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Not for a long, long time. The nation and world are a financial mess. Individuals need to help themselves-which is hard to do IF you do not have a stellar job, a top notch education, resources and flexibility. The country did not sink over night and it will not sail quickly either- I hope people are not thinking the problems will suddenly disappear- that's just crazy thinking.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• start actually seeing what the PERSON not the party will actually do.

ITA- unfortunately, there are still way too many Americans who  neither accept nor understand that very pertinent concept!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Probably not. I'd hate to say it, but it is true. As long as these career knuckleheads are in office, nothing will change. They need to do the job they were elected for instead of being in campaign mode and beholden to the lobbyists.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have little hope! Look at California they keep people in office that started their problems years ago and Jerry Brown is being allowed to run again? Barbra Boxer WTF ,Charlie Rangel (?) got voted in again, what the hell is wrong with the American people?
    If you keep voting in losers than don't be shocked when you have no money, no job and NO FUTURE!!!

These people have become very wealthy while we become poor. We pay taxes they don't seem to?, We work hard and live pay check to pay check. What good have they done for you? Or do you feel like they just take, take, take...............

I'm just sick and tired of seeing people protect politicians that DON'T GIVE A DAME ABOUT THE WORKING MAN!!! When are you going to wake up?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• give a dam!

Kerp1960 you are part of problem from your answer. If you think the Repubs are the fat cats then you are proven to me that you are blind and are part of the problem.
    Gore is a fat ass pig who made money of poor fouls that believe in his B.S! He is a Dem.

We have to clean the house (on both sides) to get change! That means stop voting in the same fools again and again.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I do not know any chauvenist pigs in politics. Both parties want women working that is how they get more taxes. We have to fight to stay home. ( By the way that is where I'm happy, glad I do not have to work)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I know I wish I was at that rally!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would hope so
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 11:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Gammie- I think part of the problem is the poor choices available. For ex in the CA gov race, it's a choice between Brown and Whitman- a known slug and billionaire with zero political experience who has spent money like it's dirt, and who paid her known undocumented housekeeper $25/hr for years. Does she really have any money smarts? I'll bet some would choose the known slug over the unknown entity- NOT ME, but I do not fear change like many do!

Can a billionaire really relate to the the working man? Bad or worse, what a lousy choice!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010