Should I have my tubes tied when I give birth (no c-section) or come back after I have had the baby?

EmilysMom105

Asked by EmilysMom105 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• what do you mean "come back after i have had the baby"?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Just my opinon, I think you should do it while you are there. I had my done with my son, (No C-section) it was a bit rough while I was there at the hospital but you have the support of the staff there to not only help you move around. But also to tend to the baby while you sleep and recover thos couple of days. It was so nice not to have to worry about that. I was up and moving (slowly, but moving) the next day.

At the end of the day it is your decision.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Your already going to be in there. Just go ahead and have them tied.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Should I make a separate appt to have surgery at a later time.Not when Im in the hospital delivering the baby.
    EmilysMom105

Comment by EmilysMom105 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It depends on your dr. some won't do it right after unless it is a Csection, some will. My dr tol me I had to wait 4 weeks pp before I was able to get a tubal. I had a vaginal birth.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• SONIAM301-Why would they make me wait?Did u have complications?
    TLW514-were u sore from the surgery or from giving birth?Any real issues afterwards?
    EmilysMom105

Comment by EmilysMom105 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My Dr. is giving me a choice but he said he recomends that you wait until after your post-partum follow up. Why? Because he said that you have a greater chance of it not working as well or at all if you do it before your body is healed from your delivery. You are swollen inside and it is better to make sure your female parts are all back to normal and they have a better look at what they are doing. Made sense to me! So I'm waiting.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No complications. My dr told me the same as kristinashley...Also if you are giving birth in a Catholic hospital, they usually don't allow it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think you need to Google PTLS and see if a traditional tubal ligation is what you want. Many women suffer from this. Also, tubal ligations, as well as vasectomies, can reverse without your knowledge. I highly recommend Essure instead.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• if yo are not having a c-section, they usually wont do it while you are there! I know that the US Army makes you come back at you 6 week check -up to have labs drawn, and an evaluation before tying your tubes! Plus MOST docs wont tie ubes unless you are 25 and have 4kids! If you dont threre is usually counseling, and therapy before they will do it for you, but tht is all depending on your doc, the hospita, state rus, and your age, and amount of kids! I am getting mine done, but I am 25, with 5 kids. I qualify!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010