If I am 35 years old and don't have a masters degree, does that mean that I'm screwed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Of course not. I went back to grad school at age 42.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Good Heavens! Are you kidding me? I didn't start any higher education until I was 40. While I did not go for my masters, in the time it would have taken me to get it, I've accomplished a handful of certificates and diplomas. (which to me are more valuable than a single program of study. Tons of great online edu ops, too, if you have a pack of kids at your feet or around your house. Go for it! It's NEVER too late!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No. If the job you want requires you to have a master's degree, then it may be more difficult to obtain the position, but don't sell yourself short just yet. Sometimes experience will still get you the job, especially if you also happen to be enrolled in a master's proram, showing your prospective employer that you can give them both the education & the practical experience all in one package.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Hopefully not! I'm 33 and just beginning my degree.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You can go back to school or you can find a job that doesnt require a masters.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Why would it mean that? It means that you are 35 yrs old and don't have a Master's Degree. It means you'll be over 35 when you complete it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I sure hope not, because there's a lot of people that are in trouble if that's the case.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, of course not. There are many jobs out there that only require a Bachelor's.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Nope. There are still plenty of jobs where all you need is a BA or AA.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010