What are you actively doing to save money?

How are you reducing your daily bills? Please share your wisdom. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Money & Work

• Going to the grocery store ONCE a week. That has saved us a great deal of money, because we are forced to plan our meals/lunches. Also we've been making lunch for husb to bring to work instead of eating out all the time.
    As far as monthly bills look at them all, make sure you're not paying for anything that you DON'T need and want.
    Anonymous

• Eating out less, clipping coupons and actually remember to use them LOL, try and make less trips to the grocery store because I tend to buy too many extras if I make a lot of little trips.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 2:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We buy less red meat, like steak or roasts. We opt for the Great valu brand instead of name brands, we dont eat out at all, and dont go to the movies. We plan all our errands for the same day so we dont waste gas.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I shop t melaleuca its cheaper than anywhere i ever shopped before. I have a site you can look at its www.themomteam.com/ShariCM you can also work there if you have an extra hour or two a day.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 4:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• HEHEHE!!! CANCEL THE NEWSPAPER AND CABLE, CHANGE YOUR INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLE TO $1000, TURN OFF LIGHTS AND TV'S WHEN NOT IN USE, CUT UP CREDIT CARDS! SHOP AT MY STORE!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 6:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We live in a tiny town with no grocery store. The closest shopping is 8 miles away, so I wait until I have a lot of shopping and errands to do so I don't use extra gas. I only buy stuff that's on sale or things we absolutely have to have like diapers etc. It sucks to pinch pennies, so I do allow myself one splurge item per shopping trip. It makes me feel like I got something special! LOL. We never eat out anymore since cooking at home saves so much. I hate to cook, but I can't affort not to. Also, you can get lots of stuff at the dollar store. The one we have even has a frozen section with pizzas.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 7:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Depending on the state you live in, you can change your electricity/gas provider to someone with cheaper rates. Also, if you have insurance and are pretty healthy you can switch to a discount program that is a quality one and save that way. I also choose not to have cable since it would waste so much of my time anyway LOL!
    AmbitWorks4U

Answer by AmbitWorks4U at 7:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Go to http://allison931.MyWorldPower.com enter your info and take a tour. You can save money and also make money at the same time.
    classychic485

Answer by classychic485 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I changed my insurance to a higher deductible plan and am supplementing it with Ameriplan ($40.00/ month savings) I cancelled my DishNet, and got Netflix instead ($30.00/ month savings). We can watch all the shows we like online for free! We changed our life insurance policy to the bare minimum, it will be enough to pay off the house and all our debts should something happen ($30.00/ month savings). I am clipping coupons and using points earned at the store to save money on gasoline too. We turned our thermostat down 3 degrees, I'm not sure what that will save us, but every penny counts!
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008