Talking

When did your little one start talking (besides the mama and dada or baba). My son makes alot of noises but doesnt say any words. I tell him what everything is and we read books. Just wondering when I should expect some actual words and understanding of the words.

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started talking in sentences just after he turned 1 and my daughter started talking in sentences around 10 months (She talks constantly). my close family and friends and us of course can understand her but not too many other people can.
    Thay say it takes boys longer to develop their talking skills.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My son did a lot of single words at about 1 1/2.....he started talking 2-3 word sentences closer to 2 yrs....Now at 3 1/2....he talks NON stop with several words in a sentence
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 11:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My son said words like mama, dada, baba, ny ny at 6-7 months. He didnt say real words until 9 months when he randomly started saying good..lol..By 12 months he was saying 11 words regularly (i was told this was pretty good for his age). Hes 16 months now and last i counted he was at 30 words.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am not sure how old your little one is but.....According to the Pediatric Pocket of Development

12months.....should be saying 2 words
    15 months...should be pointing to what he wants, and should say approx. 3-6 words.
    18 months.....should be saying 7-9 words

Keep in mind that all baby's develop at different rates....so don't panic if he is not following this guide to the tee!!!
    PreemieHUG

Answer by PreemieHUG at 12:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• He'll be 1 in a week and all he says is mama and dada. I tell him what everything is and repeat it. Even just changing his diaper I tell him "diaper" "wipes" but he doesn't seem to be picking up on anything. He's always been advanced but Im afraid his vocabulary is lacking
    krisholl2285

Comment by krisholl2285 (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2010