NuvA RING!????? adult content

Hello i just started my first month of good ole nuva ring! the question would be.. does your stick out a little bit? just a tad??? i can feel mine when i wipe i push it back in.. but.. just comes back out.,. is it weird during sex?? and if you have been on it do you like it???

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• you do not have it up far enough if you can see it or feel it when you wipe. It should be all the way up against your cervix and not slide down. pinch it together so it is flat and push it up as far as you can, you may have to lay down or put one leg up on the side of the tub or toilet to get it far enough in. You may or may not be able to feel it during sex, I could sometimes but it wasnt always and wasnt a big deal. I really liked it but I have Mirena now.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was on Nuva Ring for 3 yrs and loved it! It should not stick out at all. If it does, it is not in properly. I would squeeze it to make and oval and stick in up as far as you can reach with your longest finger. When it comes time to take it out, you should have to reach pretty high up to get it. Once in a great while it would come out during sex (rough) but I would just rinse it off under hot water and stick it back in until it was time to take out. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I would love to help if I can! HTH
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It is not in far enough. The proper position is all the back at your cervix.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• btw, I am a bbw, so sometimes it was difficult for me to find the right position to get it in right. Thankfully I have a wonderful DH that would help me if I needed it - so that may be part of the issue too, if you happen to be a bigger girl like me.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i think my problem right now might be that i have an inverted cervix and sometime the little booger sits weird.. my docs have issues with her too lol!! but thanks ladies on the whole folding thing im gonna go try lmao!!
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I hated it.I could feel it "clicking" against my partner during sex and it was distracting. It also gave me terrible migranes (3 a week) and after 2 months I had to go off of it.What a disaster.It sounds like you just didnt get it pushed up far enough.I did like the patch tho-Ortho Evra.
    EmilysMom105

Answer by EmilysMom105 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'm on it and never had that problem. I'd say it's not in right. Re-position it. I like it. I've3 been on it a year and no problems.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The only time I had that problem was after a tough bowel movement. Since you have an inverted cervix, it may not be the right birth control for you since it needs the cervix to hold it in place.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010