Wicca

What does it mean to be a Wiccan to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As stolen from MK88:
    Heathen:You know ancient pagans probably wouldn't have consistently stopped and picked up every piece of little they see on the road.
    Wiccan:They wouldn't have to.
    Heathen:Why not?
    Wiccan:There wasn't any litter in ancient times.
    Heathen:How do you know that?
    Wiccan:In the ancient days when everyone was pagan, no one would litter because they all loved the goddess.
    Heathen:Where did you get that idea?
    Wiccan:Scott Cunningham said so.
    Heathen:How does he know what the ancients did or didn't do all the time?
    Wiccan:He has an ancient Wiccan lineage which has told him of the old ways.
    Heathen:How can a fifty year old religion have an ancient lineage to a time when it didn't exist?
    Wiccan:You're just trying to persecute me because you don't love the goddess.
    Heathen:What goddess?
    Wiccan:The Goddess!! You heathen.
    Heathen:Yes, I am a heathen, but still, there was litte
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well, to get in to specifics would depend on the type of Wiccan we are discussing. But over all Wiccan's are nature loving, peaceful & tolerant people...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't know yet, I've just started down this road so everything is tangled together and I'm sorting it out and coming up with my own feelings and thoughts on it...

I was Christian before and I'm never looking back to it.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It means a deep and powerful respect for universal and personal love of all things. It means believing in oneself and ones own personal power. It means thinking outside of the box so many traditional religions had buried within us for far too long. It means a better understanding of myself and all around me. It means acceptance, appreciation and respect for mystery, magic and the unknown
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina about the specifics and different kinds of Wiccans. Overall, I would say that they are nature loving, believe in male and female deities, respect all living things, typically believe in reincarnation, many practice witchcraft (but not all, and one does not have to be Wiccan to practice witchcraft), most believe in karma and abide by the Wiccan Rede (though again, not all), and many perform rituals or do something to recognize the Sabbats and Esbats.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• This is so hard to define to people.In one sentence, I would say I am spiritually rooted with nature.
    EmilysMom105

Answer by EmilysMom105 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I believe a good general view of them would be those who honor a Goddess(and sometimes a God too), nature, try to do good in the world around them as well as be helpful to the people around them. They try to do no harm to others or themselves.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Wiccan:We all come from the goddess
    Heathen:What, which goddess do you mean?
    Wiccan:And to her we shall return
    Heathen:Which ancient peoples believed that?
    Wiccan:All of them
    Heathen:What's your source?
    Wiccan:Silver Ravenwolf
    Heathen:Where did she get her degree?
    Wiccan:Lord Serphant Stone
    Heathen:Is that a private college? Is it accredited? Who sits on their ancients faculty?
    Wiccan:No, you need to love the goddess, stop persecuting me. You're such a christian.
    Heathen:No, I'm a heathen. what sources are listed in Prof. Ravenwolf's bibliography.
    Wiccan:Mama Silver learned from spirit.
    Heathen:Which spirit? do you mean her personal genius?
    Wiccan:She is a genius when it comes to spells and witch books
    Heathen:What? Who? Witchcraft like Thessaly, or like Aradia, or like Seithcraft?
    Wiccan:Like the goddess?
    Heathen:Which goddess?
    Wiccan:THE GODDESS!
    Heathe
    NotPanicking

• Heathen:Which goddess?
    Wiccan:THE GODDESS!
    Heathen:What myth does she appear in?
    Wiccan:All of them.
    Heathen:What is your source?

That about sums it up ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I call myself "Wiccish" because though I do incorporate some Wiccan practices into my own (Casting the Circle, Calling the Quarters, the Sabbats) I don't consider myself to be "Wiccan".

To me "Wiccan" means covens with strict hierarchies. (AKA the coven I used to be associated with 5ish years ago). I prefer the freedom of being an Eclectic.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010