Help For Ideas Losing Weight

I need some advice on how to lose a massive amout of weight. I am at my heaviest, I am around 335 lbs. I am almost 25 years old. I want to lose wight to be healthy and be around to watch my boy grow up.
I am on a limited income. I don't want to buy products, join a group, etc. I want to know if anyone has any good ideas on how to lose weight naturally. Also, any good tips on exersice would be great too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• set a goal for yourself.....I would advise walking to start and try to do it for at least an hour a day....Portion control would be next but try not to get on the scale everyday...you should only weigh yourself 1 day a week..a lot of people get discouraged b/c they don't see result fast and they quit....Try to eat 5 smaller meals a day...apple chicken brochli yogurt......You can do it....after a few weeks you will start to fell better and you will be glad you did this...good for you and good luck!!
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Someone on here gave me advise about portion sizing. It was excellent, she said visually seperate your plate in half... Now on one half, half that again. The big portion would be vegetables and the smaller ones your protein and your meat... I've used that alot. Also walking is excellent. Just for now, cut down on your portion sizes and try to walk at least a mile a day.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• your stomach is only the size of a softball..pretty crazy to thing HUH...We all over eat....it takes 15 mionutes for or stomache to tell our brain we are full.....try to eat slower and drink lots of water during the day and this should help.....during commercals i try to do push ups or situp to help burn some calories...find what works for you...the internet is a great sore to find ideas
    Anonymous

• Cut out ALL the junk food, soda and empty calories. Put the baby in the stroller and get out and walk. Just getting out every day and moving around will help you to loose the weight naturally. You dont have to have a set excercise program. Just get up and walk for a half hour to an hour a day and youll be amazed at how much weight you loose. In order to loose weight you need to take in less calories than your body actually uses. Drink lots more water, get out and walk everyday, and you'll see the weight come off.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• With the walking it's easier to get a pedometer if your not very active and go for amile in house or around then work your way outside and about walking longer sperts at a time. I'm trying to work on it too but actually getting out the door for a walk is even hard, baby steps :-)
    cottonsboys

Answer by cottonsboys at 2:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I use a site called Livestrong.com. It helps to calculate your caloric needs based on your weight loss goals. You enter in your pertinent information and the website calculates the rest. It sets a daily calorie limit and adjusts accordingly when you eat, exercise or lose weight. It has a huge database of food so it is easy to track what you eat. Best of all it is free. I tried WW and found the point system a bit much. Once I started a food diary on livestrong I was on my way to a healthy weight. My goal was to lose 2 lbs a week. I have lost 13 lbs since joining livestrong (which was 09/15/08). I have 10 lbs to go! My husband joined a week after me and has lost 16lbs. It is very easy to use and it really works. Good luck!
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• First of a book called EAT THIS NOT THAT. My mom gave me hers to borrow and I was surprised. It compares certain foods you eat in a restaurant. i was surprised to learn i was eating the chicken club from mcdonalds was worse than the quarter pounder. who knew. anyway i figured if the club was so bad it had to be the mayo. so stay away from mayo, pastas and breads. those are your main things. plus sweets and greasy food. im going to a gym and he has me do several good exercises that i can tell a difference its too much to explain here but if you will add me i will tell you more.
    amkatmomof2

Answer by amkatmomof2 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I have found the best way is to watch your carbs. I watched my carbs and wrote down what i ate and I lost the weight that I wanted.
    wolfela71

Answer by wolfela71 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I don't know if you are familiar with "raw foods" but there is a website www.raw-food-for-families.com It teaches you how to incorporate more raw and living foods into your diet. This site doesn't necessarily promote a totally raw diet, but for someone in your shoes, you should read the testimonials. They are shocking! It is the healthiest and fastest way to success.

Occassionally people say that eatting raw foods sounds extreme, I have to laugh because I think combining foods into unrecognizable concoctions sounds extreme...or eating highly processed foods (even low fat diet foods) sounds extreme...I don't believe those are healthy for our bodies, they may be low in calories or fat...but what are they doing to your kidneys, liver, heart, etc? What are they leaving behind?

Anonymous

• Continued...
    The good Lord gave us perfect food. If you want to return to a healthy state, return to real food. If you are eating real food you won't have to worry how much you are eating...you can eat a little or a ton because it is giving your body nourishment.
    My extended family is all significantly overweight, so I feel very passionately about this. I love helping others find holistic solutions...if you loose the weight, what are you going to change so that it doesn't come back? How are you going to increase your activity?

I wish you all the best and hope you find peace in the journey! Check out that site, it will be a good resource for you. Please keep us posted on your results...we will cheer you on!
    Anonymous