Does anyone know about rotating custody for a 20 month old?

I was given a sentence of 2 days off and on, is this normal for my 20 month old?
The father and I were never married and he was MIA for the first year of his life.

teeloveplee

Asked by teeloveplee at 2:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• That kind of "joint" custody is becoming more and more the norm.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Depending on the state you live in what the judge ordered is normal and customary. You can always appeal the decision, espically if it is causing problems with your child, or the father is not taking her for the time that was alloted. Also if she is coming back from being with daddy and is not in good health or clean or taken care of you can also appeal for a change in visitation.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Around here "norm" is Joint Custody. Which means: there is a "primary residence" for the child (in my case, I have primary residence). The kids go with their dad e/o weekend, e/o holiday and 4 weeks in the summer. What you're talking about is "SHARED custody". There for a while it was common here, but judges are shying away from it these days. He may not have been there before, but obviously now wants to be a part of your child's life. A child needs a father. I can understand why you're upset though. Not having to share your baby, then this bomb was dropped on you. It either will turn out well,your child will have an active father... or, he'll decide he doesn't want to be a dad that often,lay off the custody and work something out with you that would be more like "joint". Then, NAIL him for child support!! USUALLY in cases of SHARED custody, there is no child support ordered unless he's behind on previous orders.
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 2:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Our custody is 2/2/5/5....every monday and tuesday we have my skid....every wed and thur she is at her moms. and every other weekend is split between us both. Completely 50/50...no child support either way.
    StillTrying08

Answer by StillTrying08 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2008