I think my daughter (4) is adhd and she is uncontrolable or just perfect I need help???

It is a battle all day everyday she is wild most of the time I have to fight or stay on her case to get anything done she is into everything some days she wets her pants all day and others she is great I have no idea what to do and I am to where I just yell and get mad all the time Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!

DJMOMOF2

Asked by DJMOMOF2 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Please don't jump to the ADHD diagnosis. Try this first. Remove all preservatives and dyes from her diet. Red 40, Yellow and Blue. The most important dye to remove is Red 40. As far as wetting her pants, if there is no physical reason why she should be wetting her pants, contact her Dr. Get her into a sport or something she can get some of that energy out. Find what interests her and let her fly with it. Good luck.
    mrimom

Answer by mrimom at 10:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• She's four. This is pretty much how four year olds act. Like mrimom said, there is no point in jumping on the ADD/ADHD diagnosis bandwagon, especially so young. Have you ever considered that she acts like this to get you to yell? She's seeking attention, and she's going to get it, negative or not. Make sure she's getting a proper diet, like already mentioned, doesn't include dyes or preservatives, and make sure she's getting plenty of time outside, and that she has stuff to do. I have three over the age of four, and they've all gone through phases like this. One, I would just give her a bouncy ball to chase when the weather was bad, otherwise, we were outside. The others have required more sophisticated attention, but it's usually crafts that get their attention. Coloring, painting, puzzles all keep them occupied, quiet and stimulated. Also, we do workout videos together. They make children's exercise videos, too.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 9:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2010