Is early spotting dangerous?

I just got my positive test results yesterday for my second pregnancy. I had no spotting with my first baby, but since yesterday afternoon I've had light pink spotting and very mild cramps off and on a couple times. Is this normal or should I be concerned. My ob has already closed for the weekend, so I'd have to call the emergency line to talk to someone and I don't want to bother them if it's not serious. I also don't know how far along I am since I haven't had my cycle back since my son was born, but I did have a negative test 4-5 weeks ago so I can't be very far. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

mrscat206

Asked by mrscat206 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've gotten spotting and cramps both normal my doc said. As long as the blood isn't dark red an not a lot of it, and the cramps aren't too bad. For more reassurance does your insurance have a nurse hotline you could call an ask?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I had mild period-like cramps in the begining of my pregnancy and everything was fine

If I were you, I would hold off on calling the doctor unless #1 the cramps become stronger/more painful/more persistent or #2 the bleeding becomes heavier
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• me too! no worries....I have spotting light pink for the first 10 weeks ...
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I had spotting with both my pregnancies right around 6 weeks, but no cramping. It is hard not to freak out, but it is fairly common. You should still check with your OB on Monday. Mine always has me go in for a sonogram just to be safe.
    amy23renee

Answer by amy23renee at 2:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008