how long would u be unhappy until you left??

I've wondered how much i'd put up with....

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 10:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband and I, before we got married, discussed married life and what we wanted. We both wanted someone who took our vows seriously -- for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. The only outs for us are abuse or infidelity. We have our ups and downs, but when one is ready to give up , the other is there to pick him/her up again. Marriage is work. It should be worked on as a team. Love is a choice. If something isn't working you need to speak with your husband. If need be, try counseling. In short, give it your all before you give in.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I loved someone about 10 years ago that I agreed to help him w/ a family situation and helped / loved him throught it and when I thought maybe he'd love me back--he turned vicious but I stayed for 5 yrs and finally left.
    You'll be surprised what you'll put up w/ in the name of "love"........
    BUT- you have to love yourself 2..... NEVER put up w/ any kibnd of ABUSE
    mocha76

Answer by mocha76 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Alot you can and will put up with alot especially if you have kids and It depends on what your putting up with? If you married and do you really love them do you want them? Try the book from fireproof your marriage sometimes the littlest things can turns things around in a situation!
    DJMOMOF2

Answer by DJMOMOF2 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I stayed with my sons father for two years even after all the horrible things he did to me. It was stupid, but I am who I am today because of it, and I am happy with that.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've never known when to call it "quits". I have never been able to admit to myself when enough is enough. So depending on the severity of the situation and the general situation itself, I'd probably keep fighting until I broke down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree with Hezekiahs mom. For me it was 8 years total, 5 years of being certain it was doomed to fail no matter what I did.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 10:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My hubby and I are constantly arguing abt how to parent our 10 year old and its been this way for quite a while now and it just gets worse really bc we also fight abt THE STUPIDEST things you could ever think of and it stems from neither of us being happy in the first place. We are still together and altho i have thought abt leaving, i have no definate plans to, as of now so i guess i cant really answer this one!
    MyDecemberGirls

Answer by MyDecemberGirls at 10:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would work to make things better.

I dont believe that marriage is a passive activity.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It depends on how much you think you deserve.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• For me it was when I could no longer get a straight and honest answer. He lied about EVERYTHING...He was abusive, and I did everything I could to make it work...16 yrs went by and nothing changed so I left!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010