has anyone ever co sleeped with an infant on their bed?

opinions please....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. I never co-slept with either of my children anyway, but an infant, that would scare me. I would be afraid I would hurt the poor little fella.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have, but my son always slept on my chest. It wasn't bad at all. Most people frown upon it because they aren't careful. But I preferred it to him sleeping in a basenette where I couldnt feel or watch him.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• we dont do it regularly but my baby has always slept in my bed a few mornings a week and when she was a newborn she slept with me a few different nights...unless you are altered by alcohol or drugs, extremely obese, or have blankets and pillows all over the place then co-sleeping is great and maybe even safer than other sleeping arrangements....i love having her in my ed, its the best feeling...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That sounded rude lol - I mean that most frown upon it because they are scared to hurt the baby, because they cant control sleeping habits.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes. All three of my kids slept in the crook of my arm from birth to about 15months. I was careful to position them away from my husband who is a heavy sleeper. I made sure there was no loose bedding or pillows near the baby. I am a very light sleeper, so I felt every movement and heard every sigh. I never went to bed impaired by drugs or alcohol.

It worked for us, but it is a commitment to keep your baby safe. Constant vigilance for safety!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i co-slept with both my boys. I'm a light sleeper anyway. My husband's a very deep sleeper, so the babies were never between us. I always lay on my left side with my arm under the baby, so if they started to roll over I would wake up enough to make sure they didn't go anywhere.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I did for the first 3 months since I was breastfeeding. I wasn't worried because I am a very light sleeper and woke up every time the baby moved or I moved. Plus I felt more at eased with her sleeping with me than i did when I put her in the bassinet.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 10:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We did it with each of our (2 kids)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Only reluctantly - out of pure exhaustion! My wee one never slept - happy baby never needed to sleep. I had no other choice, it was sleep with her with me or never sleep!
    With both my girls we had a respiration monitor under them while they slept - it was wonderful, when they stopped breathing the alarm would sound and wake them just a little and they'd start breathing again and all was wonderful. With the co-sleep I was a nerves wreck, but it was that or nothing!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If I fell asleep while nursing one of them I did.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010