Do you ever have to slow down?

I know we're not "delicate" when we're pregnant, but are we supposed to take it easy, like not over work ourselves physically? More specifically is it ok to deep clean the house all by yourself when pregnant without taking a break? Or does that pose a threat to the pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• depends how far u r... but u should take a break. and u shouldnt be cleaning with heavy cleaners either/ Drs will tell u when u get big to take it easy. some woman have to take it easy the whole pregnancy
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I'm only 4 months along. I'm not using any chemical cleaners. I'm doing vacuuming lifting laundrey baskets going up and down the stairs dusting blowing all the leaves off the driveway etc. is all this ok?
    Anonymous

• The basic rule is, anything you were used to doing before you got preggo is ok to do up to the point of you being tired, or uncomfortable. If your 7-9 months preggo id take a few breaks while doing it, but if your not in any pain and not exhausting yourself, I say go for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• wow.. im 7 months pregnant and spent 9 hrs cleaning m house for the hell of it.. i still walk up and down stairs instead of taking elevators.. soo i think at 4 months its fine
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I'm 4 months and I don't feel or look pregnant. I've been going about my daily routine as usual. I suggest taking a break if you're tired. If not, go about your business as usual.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Unless you have been put on bedrest or have a threatened miscarriage or some other thing going on in your pregnancy, you should be fine to carry on doing housework, etc. You will know if an activity is too strenuous. I am 5 mos. and exercise and lift light weights everyday. In fact, exercise has proven to make labor and recovery easier.
    Anonymous

• unless you are running and gunning until you pass out you should be fine!
    i know that i have to stop after 20 minutes and rest then kick it back into gear ... you will adjust to what your body can handle -
    if you dont make yourself physically ill by a task you should be fine.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• my doc said if i break a sweat take a break but i cleaned my whole house nearly every day of my pregnancy/
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2008