Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Does anyone know of any nonprofit companys that deal with disabled children or adults in southern Mighigan.

Ok so its way over due but I've finally desided what I want to do when I grow up, lol. Anyway I want to be a caseworker for disabled adults or childern. Even as a young child I always wanted to ork with disabled people. It was a want that as I got older became a passion, but I could never deside where I could do the most. I now live in sothern Michigan but I have no clue where to start or any organizations that deal with disabled people who are wards of the state. No one I know has any ideas that can help me so I was hopeing someone on here could help in anyway.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • I would start with obtaining the credentials first. Look into social work programs at colleges near you. You could make an appointment with the person in charge of that program and discuss your career goals with them and see what they have to say about what you need or what programs are out there.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 8:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • go to and search for info

    Answer by TALuke at 10:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • You'll have to get a degree in social work first then start looking for an employer. Do you have a MRDD locally?

    Answer by HotMama330 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • Have you tried researching it online?

    Answer by _Tam_ at 3:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.