Does anyone know of any nonprofit companys that deal with disabled children or adults in southern Mighigan.

Ok so its way over due but I've finally desided what I want to do when I grow up, lol. Anyway I want to be a caseworker for disabled adults or childern. Even as a young child I always wanted to ork with disabled people. It was a want that as I got older became a passion, but I could never deside where I could do the most. I now live in sothern Michigan but I have no clue where to start or any organizations that deal with disabled people who are wards of the state. No one I know has any ideas that can help me so I was hopeing someone on here could help in anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would start with obtaining the credentials first. Look into social work programs at colleges near you. You could make an appointment with the person in charge of that program and discuss your career goals with them and see what they have to say about what you need or what programs are out there.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• go to michigan.gov and search for info
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You'll have to get a degree in social work first then start looking for an employer. Do you have a MRDD locally?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Have you tried researching it online?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010