what to do when you have a friend like this.

I have a friend that is pregnant with her 3rd child with her live in boyfriend. Her boyfriend also has a 6 year old with another girl I know. Obviously these 2 women do not get along... My friend always talks down about the oldest's mother, calling her names and saying she wont let them see the boy... but yet I KNOW they do not try to see him. It costs $75 for them to go to court here and they say they dont have that money BUT yet they just bought a brand new $2000 sectional couch and flat screen tv. Her kids where expensive clothes, and she doesnt work and says how great they have it...

It just makes me so mad because I KNOW that the other mom works very hard to take care of her son ( he doesnt pay child support) and she is very nice and doesnt deserve to be called the things my "friend" calls her ( especially all over facebook & myspace).

Would you say something? What would you say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• confront your friend and let them know... it's not that your taking sides but just let them know that your over hearing about there drama.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It depends on who you say something too. If you are talking about the kid's mom. It is a choice you make to tell but be warned that it will probably cause trouble between you and your friend, especially if you tell her something only you and your friend know. Now as far as my friend I would tell her I do not want to hear that kind of stuff because there is nothing you can do about them not paying child support but there is something you can do about her putting poison in your ear.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'd advise the child's mother to take his triffling butt to court and make him take care of his responsibilities. As for her my opinion is ask her what that woman did to her to deserve such disrespect and as a mother herself she should be ashamed to allow that child to suffer. He had nothing to do with whatever happened between his mother and father and damn sure didn't ask to be here. A real man would care for ALL of his children. One last thing....Just because things are going well now doesn't mean they will always be that way. maybe she should think about how she would feel if put into that woman's situation.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would tell her you don't want to hear it anymore. She can feel the way she wants but you just don't really share her view of this woman and she should be secure with herself enough not to talk smack about the other gal.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If she's telling this to you then let her know that she should stop. Otherwise just leave it be. Some people just live in the drama. If the other mom can't stand up for herself that's her fault. It really just isn't something that you should be involved in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't think she has any room to say anything as long as they are taking care of their other child. Could it be possible that she is jealous that she has all these nice things and she doesn't? Since she has one kids and he has the other basically, that breaks even. There could be a personality clash. It does happen every once in a while. Be nice about it and let your friend know that she's not the person that she's making her out to be.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:19 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would leave it alone cause what goes around comes around :-)
    monches

Answer by monches at 8:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010