Really Nervous!

I am 33 weeks pregnant... and Since I can't sleep at night I lay in bed and psych myself out. I am getting so nervous about our little man coming that I'm freaking out and even thinking there is no way I can do this, even though i've babysat since gradeschool and feel comfortable with babies. Does anyone have any advice to help or just advice for a first time mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• u will be fine! it seriously just comes naturally! its the best feeling holding ur baby! dont worry get some sleep ur going to need it! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• this happens i was the same way... but you'll be just fine, just take it day by day and find something to do to get your mind off it... like make things for your child...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Wait until baby is here, this will all seem so small to you! I think that pregnancy just winds you up tight, seriously!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'm 33 weeks along too with my first child. I can soo understand the nervousness. Luckily, I haven't been dwelling on it while trying to sleep...I have enough trouble falling asleep without such thoughts. Good luck and if you ever feel like chatting, just message me :D We can do this!
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 11:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You will be fine---I had never babysat before I had my kids and it went well. As soon as you get home and hold him and feed him., you will feel like he has always been there and it will feel natural to you.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Always remain calm!!! Even when you think you can't do it, or if you are so tired and just want to sleep, remain calm, they can sense that you are tense and get more upset. Other than that give the baby all your love and you will be OK. Oh it might help if you keep a log of the times you feed the baby and how much they ate, and when you change them if it was a BM or if they urinated. It really helps when you go to your doctor visits also helps you know how much they ate and to make sure their bowels are moving properly. Congratulations on the baby and good luck.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• One thing I think will help is to say positive affirmations each day. Here are some examples:

I trust in my body to do exactly as it should
    my baby is safe and warm and will come into this world at just the right time
    once my baby comes to greet me....I will be ready to receive him, and will be fully prepared to provide all of his needs

These are just a few examples....Lets all keep adding to the list!!!
    PreemieHUG

Answer by PreemieHUG at 11:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You'll surprise yourself with how well you'll do when you get that baby. It's very surreal for a long time. DH and I kept waiting for DS's "real" parents to come pick him up! LOL It may take a little bit to get to know him and his cries and his little idiosyncracies, but you will. Just have faith that in no time, you guys will have each other down, and you'll have your flow. I'd worry about you more if you WEREN'T nervous! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Look to Nature.
    Look to history.

You will easily discover that all through the world, mothers will instinctively care for their babies. By truly listening to her heart and to her baby, she will know what is best.

You are fortunate to have access to help and advice when you feel you need some.

But always remember (through labor and through Motherhood) that you already have the ability to know what to do---
    Have good help around you while you enclose yourself in a bubble, nestling in to learn how to nurture you new baby and baby learns about you.

In time (*I PROMISE), you will look back and smile at "the old you."
    And then all these new-mom concerns will seem so obvious.
    AND they will (constantly) be replaced by *new* Mothering challenges, too.

You CAN do this.
    We all struggle~~

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• DONT BE FREAKED OUT YOU ARE USE TO KIDS YOU THINK THAT YOU CANT DO IT NOW BUT WHEN THE TIME COMES YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO DO IT AND YOU DONT HAVE ANY CHOICE WHEN THE TIME COMES BUT TO DO IT
    MRSWATKINS07

Answer by MRSWATKINS07 at 4:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010