How to make sugar scrub?

Just wondering. It's getting expensive buying it, so thinking about making it. How do you make it?

Razelda

Asked by Razelda at 11:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What do you use this for?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• In the bath.
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• salt usually works better, use coarse kosher sale or sea salt, add a few drops of a scented essential oil of your choice, then add mineral oil until it's the right consistency. It works best when made in small batches and the leftovers are sealed in an airtight container. The same can be done with sugar, but I have a hard time finding sugar coarse enough to not dissolve before I can use the scrub.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Pour some sugar into a container. It can be regular, brown, etc.. Take your favorite carrier oil --olive oil, almond oil, any kind like that, and pour onto the sugar until the top is covered. It will seep into the sugar. Some like it wetter, others like it drier, so once the oil settles you can decide if you want more oil in it. You can add a few drops of essential fragrance oil if you like, but totally not necessary. If you want a little more detailed instructions, check youtube. I saw some tutorials on there last night. It makes a great gift as well!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I like what the PP put, but I'd use raw sugar. Preferably raw organic sugar because it's thicker bigger granuales and better for your skin. I'd also use olive oil or almond oil or even coconut oil, but I'd avoid mineral oil because it actually doesn't soak into your skin. It just coats the surface and can actually irritate it for alot of people.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 10:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010