BOYFRIEND ASKED ME TO GET ANSWERS PART 2

SO I READ ALL OF YOUR REPLIES AND SAT MY BOYFRIEND DOWN AND ASKED HIM WHAT MADE HIM CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT MARRIAGE. HE SAID IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO. THEN TURNED AROUND AND CAUGHT AN ATTITUDE WITH ME AND HASN'T SPOKEN TO ME SINCE. WHAT DID I DO THAT WAS SO WRONG? AFTER ALL HE WAS THE ONE WHO CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT MARRIAGE. NOW THAT I AGREE WITH ALL THE POINTS HE MADE ABOUT MARRIAGE, GETS UPSET. I MEAN REALLY WHAT THE F*CK! YES I COULD HAVE LEFT A LONG TIME AGO. HE'S A GREAT FATHER TO OUR DAUGHTER! WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO I REALLY FEEL LIKE I'M BEING PRESSURED. ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT MARRIAGE UP TO HIM IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM. NOW HE ACTS LIKE I'M WRONG. MY ATTITUDE IS IT TOOK YOU 15 YRS TO REALIZE THAT I'VE BEEN IN HIS CORNER SINCE DAY ONE. LADIES THIS MAN HAS BEEN ASKING ME TO MARRY HIM FOR 15 YRS. BUT TO NO AVAIL HAS NEVER MADE A MOVE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

roxannschild

Asked by roxannschild at 11:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• well, that's a problem. whatcha going to do about it?
    Anonymous

• Obviously he's not ready to make a commitment -- he sounds like he's all talk. If he gets defensive because you are asking for a set plan on getting married, then he is just plain not interested in getting married and is only telling you what you want to hear.
    You need to decide if you are okay with the status quo -- if getting married is important to you, and this man is not willing to get married, then you have your answer - you need to go your separate ways.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Maybe with all the answers that you had gotten has struck a nerve. There is good points and bad points on marriage, but it all boils down to what is right for you. Sounds like he got scared and is rethinking what he should do. Give him a couple of days and see if he says anything else. Don't mention it and see if he comes around. If you've been together for 15 years, what's been holding you back? If he's been asking you all this time, there must be a reason that you and him haven't tied the knot yet.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• He doesn't want to marry you is what it really sounds like under the surface of things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Is common law marriage recognized where you live? Technically if it was you'd have been married for seven or so years now. Good luck. :)
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 6:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2010