Time off

Does your SO give you a break from waking up with the baby at night when he does not have to work the next day? or any time?

sheloveearth

Asked by sheloveearth at 11:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband did. Then, on Saturday mornings, he would let me sleep in and I would let him sleep in on Sunday mornings (hubby doesn't like to go to church very often, so I take the kids and let him sleep in or have some "him time")
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My husband always said, oh absolutely, wake me up when baby starts crying, would love to help....
    But the man sleeps through EVERYTHING. No matter how much I would try to get him to wake up, he just couldn't! One time I just had it and let baby cry, hoping he would get the hint... he kind of half-sat up, looked at me (sitting, fuming, on my side of the bed) and asked me "What the hell is that noise??" um that's your offspring! LOL
    Thankfully he does let me nap during the day or sleep in here and there - he's a very early riser so he doesn't mind getting up with the kids!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Nope. For one, he doesn't hear her, and for another our dd is still nursing and refuses bottles. But if it's a particularly crappy night and she won't go back to sleep I will wake him up a little earlier in the morning and take a little while to nap so I'm not dead all day.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My husband is the primary person who cares for our son at night as when I actually take some of the meds I'm supposed to on time they'll knock me out cold and I become unable to respond. But if I fail to take my meds and am still up at times like this then I certianly take my fair shake with the baby.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My hubby is AWSOME!!! every single weekend or any day that he has off he gets up with our daughter and lets me sleep all night. He never did this with our son but I wasn't working (I am know from home) and he was our only child. Know I might only get 4 hours of sleep at night so by the weekend I am done! He is great he has never complained one time and he even sleeps on the coutch because he wakes up better for baby and I get better sleep! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My hubby can fall asleep anwhere at anytime and not hear a bomb go off. I generally do the night feedings, even when I have to work in the morning. Hubby just got moved to permanent afternoon shift, so he has baby all morning and early afternoon. He has no problem with changing diapers, feeding, etc. Just communicate with your partner and let him know when you are about worn out and ask him to pitch in. I have learned that you get more by asking than just hoping or expecting him to know what you need. Good Luck!
    deedle74

Answer by deedle74 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010