Do you follow any sort of diet plan?

I'm trying to get back into shape... what worked the best for those of you who have lost weight and kept it off?

VeggieMuslima

Asked by VeggieMuslima at 11:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am following the Clean Eating lifestyle. It's a lifestyle change, not so much a diet, and if you aren't good about portions, then you can certainly gain weight or stay overweight. I still have a long way to my goal, but I really feel like clean eating is helping me big time. I also exercise very regularly, and I know that the balance of the two will eventually get me to my goal. I'm about 1/4 of the way there so far (which is good when you're trying to lose 100+ lbs).
    Clean eating is very balanced, and the only thing it eliminates is refined sugar. It also limits trans and saturated fats, as well as refined grains. It encourages buying local, in season produce and food enjoyment. I'd encourage you to look into it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I eat real food. I journal every day and try to keep to around 1600 calories. I cut out sugar.

In order to really cut the sugar, which is hard, I have my own incentive program where I bought myself a present. It's being held at my gym. IF I can go until the end of my bootcamp at 12/19, then I get my present. If I eat sugar b4 that, I give it to a friend at the gym. It's a nice workout vest and sports bra.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Counting calories works for me. It helps to understand how many calories I should be eating, and how wasteful it is to spend them on something non-filling like candy or gigantic muffins from the bakery.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't have time. I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies though
    alicia.b21

Answer by alicia.b21 at 3:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• When i am needed to drop weight I just really watch my portions and extras, as well as walking a lot and doign yoga.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I do a lot of yo-yoing...but that's because I'm a "justifier" o.O

I CAN tell you what does work for me when I shut my head off from the justification: Meal planning, portion control, cleansing the cupboards and fridge of all things unhealthy, NO FAST FOOD.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Weight Watchers you can do it on line now, track your points and get points of recipes you plan to make. I lost weight in no time it really works!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, I eat lots of good-for-you stuff, but I do eat junk once in a while too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010