Looking for Disney World tickets for a first time visit!

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on 3 Disney World tickets at a discounted rate? We are taking a trip to Florida in 3 weeks and we're trying to buy tickets ahead of time. Thanks in advance!

KellyMMa

Asked by KellyMMa at 11:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Travel

• check on ebay. Every time we go to Disneyland I save about half on tickets by purchasing on Ebay.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 11:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I looked and looked, finally when we got to Florida we went on a time share presentation and got two adult and three children 3 day passes for a little over $200. We were okay with this because we knew we would be able to decline, decline and decline. We pretty much tell the person from the get go that we are only there for the reward that we are not interested. We already own weeks and woudl not buy more. It was about an hour and a half and saved a bunch.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• BEWARE! Do not buy tickets from people on Ebay or any booths on the side of the road. You don't know that the tickets are still valid, everything at Disney is computerized, so when you get to the gate with your Ebay ticket is when you find out you were screwed. Not to mention you have to use your fingerprints on multi-day tickets.

You are not going to find big discounts for Disney unless you do what the poster above me said and attend a timeshare presentation and waste a day of your vacation being hounded by sales people. Disney does't discount their tickets, they don't have to, people will come regardless of what they charge. The only place you can get legitimate *slightly* discounted tickets is if you belong to AAA and buy them with your AAA discount.

We live near Disney World and at least weekly on the news is some big scam on Disney tickets.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You can still buy and pay for your tickets online though, either through AAA or through the Disney website. At least that way they are paid for and the money you bring can be used for other things.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I've never been to Disney World, but for our last two trips to Disneyland we have purchased through Ebay successfully. Disneyland does not use fingerprints. But you can also find some discounts through Costco or Sam's Club if you are a member. It's funny how people talk like they know everything. There are discounts out there, you just have to look for them
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 11:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• What's funny is how YOU CJM SHM know so much about Disney World, which is what she was asking about. I live near Disney WORLD and my family works for Disney and we GO to Disney WORLD ALL THE time. Good luck with your Ebay buying.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I specifically put that I have not been to Disney World, which would obviously show I know nothing about tickets to Disney World. However, to say Disney does this and that is not true, when you don't know about DisneyLAND. If DisneyLAND doesn't take finger prints, then this person should understand that you may be wrong about Disney WORLD taking finger prints too. You may be right, but you may be wrong. Ebay has wroked successfully for me more than once, so thanks for the luck, but I don't need it ;)
    As for you saying there are no discounts out there, that simply is not true. There are travel agencies that offer discounts, hotels that offer discounts, Costco offers discounts.....she just needs to put in the work and if she doesn't feel comfortable with ebay, there are plenty of other options to find discounts.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• http://reviews.ebay.com/WALT-DISNEY-WORLD-THEME-PARK-TICKETS_W0QQugidZ10000000001460195
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• http://reviews.ebay.com/Buying-tickets-on-ebay-for-Disney-World-may-not-work_W0QQugidZ10000000000084164
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Finally the best advice that you are going to get for Disney is to use this website. It's called MouseSavers, they know all the tricks to the trade for Disney.

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwtixadvice.html
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010