have you been abused in a relationship? how did you deal with it?

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I put up with it for over two years, lost friends, my job and my family begged me to leave him but I didn't. Finally one night I ran out the door and begged a neighbor to call the police. He was arrested and went to jail for several weeks. I rebuilt my life with help of my amazingly supportive family. My advice of how to deal with an abusive relationship to an abused woman is to leave. That is the only way to deal with it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, and I divorced him and now I'm finally able to say I'm a happy woman!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I quit making excuses for him and I left, and did not turn back. I slept on a love seat with all my belongings in garbage bags and didn't give a shit, because I was done...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes my first Husband was very abusive not only to me but to our children. When he went on a business trip for a weekend I packed what we needed and left. Then 6 months later we were divorced!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• nope
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I went through 10 years solid of domestic abuse. In the end I wasn't going to take it any longer. I went to a solicitor and got a letter sent out telling him to vacate the property. I'm now at the start of a court case against him.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 7:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I used to believe him when he said he would change, that he'd never do it again, that he was sorry, that he loved me, blah blah blah. When I was recovering in the hospital after the last time he tried to kill me, I told the hospital staff not to allow him on the floor or inform him of my whereabouts or condition and when I got out, I left town, left all my belongings and just split. Of course, he eventually found me but by that time I'd gotten some of my backbone back and I saw him off the property with a trained protection dog and a shotgun. I never saw his abusive ass again, thank goodness.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010