Twin Possibility??

Im 12 weeks prego. My boyfriend is a twin and triples run on my side of the family. This is first my baby and everyone keeps saying im going to have twins. I cant wait to find out. What do yall think are the odds of me having twins??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unless you are the daughter of a twin, your odds are the same as the rest of the world. Think about the biology of it, the man contributes a zillion sperm, to your one or two eggs. One egg, singleton, two eggs (or more), multiples.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 11:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Really the odds are with you because you are the determining factor in twins, especially in they are fraternal. The odds are in your favor it seems. I had twins and they don't run in either of our families...

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The tendency for multiples has nothing to do with the male's side of the family. It has to do with how many eggs a woman releases during ovulation, which runs in the woman's side. :) Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'm pretty sure you would have found out by now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have heard that it skips generations. So if you're mother or father was a twin, you might have them. If they were'nt, but had twins (you or your siblings), your children would be next in line. Not sure if this is accurate, though. ;)
    MaeMae65

Answer by MaeMae65 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010