Does thinking about karma ever comfort you?

Like knowing that by doing good things, you won't have negative karmic repercussions, and those who do bad to you and others might have negative karmic repercussions to learn from their mistakes? I'm wording this so poorly lol. Hopefully you understand what I mean, though.

Maybe a better way of saying it is: Does it comfort you to think that everyone reaps what they sew? (At least to a certain extent?)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I think there is an element of karma out there. I like to think people who intentionally hurt other people will get theirs in the end. And I like to think that those who spend their lives doing good for others will get something for it. Of course, the world is not a perfect place, but I think karma is definitely a player in the game of life.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• To a point, but I don't find it right to rejoice in other's downfalls either.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, it helps to think what comes around goes around.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, I do believe in karma. What goes around comes around. I think that when people do certain things that if they screw it up that somewhere later in life it will come back to haunt you in the end.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No, I do believe we reap what we sow, which is a biblical principal, but I have God as my Comforter and trust that He will work things for the good
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 1:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I never said rejoice, just comforted that they will learn a lesson later. For example, if someone gets attacked and the attacker goes to jail, isn't it comforting to know that they won't be able to attack someone else? Sad that their life ended up that way, but just a relief to know that that's one less person out on the streets who could hurt someone.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• But that's such a general comment. Jail isn't always keeping someone from attacking again. That's not really karma. Karma would be if someone did the same thing to them. I never said you did say that. I simply stated my opinion.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2010