Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I totally dont know what to think or do about this situation,I don't handle stress too well I tend to really focus on things that I dont want to I just do. This family we have known in the neighborhood has a child who acts like he is a gangster he is only 9 maybe 10 yrs old,and I've caught him being bad,and starting fights he tried to fight my kids tonight and when he didnt he made his dad come over to talk to us about it. Kids that werent even my sons friend said that my son didnt want to fight and told him to go away. This family keeps trying to cause problems and I'm worried we will have to move because of this. I know my son isnt a fighter,mouthy yes a fighter no,he cries if someone hits him. This kids brother was caught riding my sons bike one day. THis kids father is single and thinks his kids are perfect and do no wrong. I know tons of people whos kids complain about this same kid causing us grief. Please calm me down!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

Answers (6)
  • I sure hope you do not have to move. this is a life lesson i guess in how to deal with bullies in general, but there's only so much you can do. so talking to the parents is not helping? how about inviting the boy over alone and trying to like play a board game with him and your son and hubby and try to get his walls down and to talk about stuff. like why did you try to get my son to fight?

    Answer by txdaniella at 12:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • I wish I could this kid has a very tough exterior he's a tough nut to crack. His kids have gotten away with a lot of stuff over the years. He stole my husbands laptop,were lucky though cause he brought it back. He was also caught with my sons bike riding it around the neighborhood we called the police and he got away with that. The dad gave him the I'm a single dad raising 5 kids on my own smear and my wife is a drug addict and left me with the kids so my kids can do no wrong! He told us to tell my kids to leave their kid alone It told them thats fine and that my kids didnt want any part in their fights and didnt want to play with them either. I wish you could've seen how their father was acting he was in my husbands face and wouldnt back off even after my husband told him to leave our property. And his hands were shaking bad he wouldnt hear anything we had to say or the other children in the neighborhood.

    Answer by MarGeee at 12:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • He also got in this 7th graders face and started on him about his mother! I was like woah you need to get out of his face and leave him alone right now because its scary when a huge adult is in your face its threating.

    Answer by MarGeee at 12:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • It sounds as if your child is being bullied. You didn't put the age of the other child on your question but sometimes we have to involve the legal system to keep us out of trouble. If the other child is nine you may call the police on him for harrassing your child and he will be held accountable especially if he hits your son (assault) and press charges so the other child will have to take responsibility for his actions. The parent is dead wrong and I've dealt with parents like him and its just up to you to help your son. Its not fair to have him feel like a prisoner in your home. He should be able to go outside with out being bullied. Usually when my kids are having problems with neighborhood kids I'll sit outside or pop in and out to catch anyone messing with them and then ask them to leave my child alone.I have had to call the police on several occasions and don't mind doing so and they know it and leave mine alone.

    Answer by suelo74 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • For starters, why don't you enroll your son in a Karate class or something like that. That kid might start something one day and just might not even talk, just act. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. Since the other parents feel this way too, maybe if he just causes too much trouble, you may have to call the police and tell them about your concerns. I'm sure the other parents don't want to cause any trouble either. It sounds like the boy and his father are the neighborhood bullies. Something needs to be done soon before someone actually does get hurt.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

  • I feel for you for starters! (((hugs))) I would tell my son to stay far away from this kid as possible!  Are there any other neighbors that are as upset as you about this guy? You need to take this to the police and if you have people willing to go with you that is even better. This guy needs parenting classes and anger management. I wouldn't let his kid get away with bullying my son, and you never know what his father will do.


    Answer by Janet at 12:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
NuvA RING!????? adult content

Next question overall (Relationships)
Would you be upset? adult content