Childcare pricing.

I want to start watching an extra child per week out of my home. I put an ad on Craigslist & got a response to watch an 18 month old (9 hours a day) for 4-5 days per week.

How much would be fair to charge the mom for this?

CayShek

Asked by CayShek at 11:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 15 a day?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• 125 a week. No less then 100.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Look at www.care.com and see what providers charge in your area. Search by zipcode. You will be able to see hourly rates in the profiles.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We pay $30 for a full day at my son's in home daycare... food is provided in the cost.... we supply diapers and wipes. Make sure you write up a contract and "rules"
    For example... do they pay if the child doesn't come? DO you get paid vacation days? You'll need sick rules... when the baby can and can't come based on symptoms.... see if you can get ahold of a sample plan online...
    My son's first daycare provider was a friend and she didn't have anything written up and it was really confusing on expectations we each had.... with his new provider it's simple! She had something written up.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I pay $250 per week for that in NY. It really depends on where you are. Can you call other daycare providers and ask what they charge. You should charge a little less than the going rate because you don't have experience or references. Will you be licensed?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Depends on where you live. I pay 190 a week for my daycare which is a center and I provide food. I think 125 a week is fair for an inhome daycare.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010