reduced fetal movement...PLEASE HELP!

i am currently 23wks and 1day. ive been feeling fetal movement since 19weeks. around 20 weeks he began a daily pattern ... and a week ago he was kicking me whenever i sat still for 5 mins or more...for the past 3 or 4 days he has moved almost none at all. he has been kicking less than 10 times a day....and im worried. do they go through a lazy stage or something? of reduced movement or should i go to the e.r.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Baby's movements will go up and down. Some days, they're really active, and then for days at a time (much to mommy's horror), they'll seem to hold still for days at a time. As long as you're feeling SOME movement, try not to worry. When you start doing kick counts (usually at 28 weeks), even those little movements are counted. Trust in your body and your baby. If you're really worried still, call your midwife/OB in the morning, but my guess is that they will tell you not to worry. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• At this stage I was getting worried too when I was pregnant. Went to the doctor and found that the baby was just find, had a healthy heart beat. It was that the baby was just getting bigger (less room to move).
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am 24 weeks and mine is doing the same thing. I read in the what to expect when your expecting book. We should not even be doing kick counts right now cause they are so on and off with there movement. I have been dealing with this for about a week now. Twice i got really scared . I laid down and felt nothing at all... so scary . Then started moving i guess the baby was sleeping really good. Tomorrow i go for regular ob check. I'M going to say something to my doc...

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• the e.r. won't be able to do anything for you. You need to call your OB as soon as the office opens in the morning and ask for an emergency appointment! tell them about the decreased movement.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i would go to the doctor just to be on the safe side.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yeah, that's a little early to be worried about that. They don't even have you do the kick chart yet because it won't be consistent.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I remember reduced movement when I was pregnant with my kids too and I would roll around and poke and prod to make sure everything was okay. I would go to the doctor just for peace of mind but from my experience there are times when my babies were less active.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 1:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would call your ob or call L&D and ask them. Also try drinking some orange juice and see if that helps. It might be the way the baby is positioned too. Good luck.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• As baby gets bigger, less room to move
    nurse4babies

Answer by nurse4babies at 6:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• you definitely do need to call your OB. but don't panic yet. when i was pregnant with my first, he was perfectly fine in there, but during an ultrasound we discovered that i had an anterior placenta, so he was moving all around but he was moving into the placenta, which acted as a block between him and my belly. so i never felt him and was worried, but he was fine. with this pregnancy it's total opposite. she's moving constantly. also try laying on your left side and drink some juice - something to get the baby moving. but definitely definitely call the OB and tell them of the decreased movement. better to be safe.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010