How much to spend on birthday gifts?

My son has a small kindergarten class and everyone is invited to everyone's parties. We have a double party coming up and I am not sure how much is appropriate to spend on each child (or how little)? We just attended a party last weekend but I threw together the gift from new items I have had on hand for "emergencies", total probably close to but slightly less than $10.00. I don't want to seem cheap but I don't want to overdo it either considering there are at least 10 more birthdays throughout the year. What would you do? How much do you spend?

oahoah

Asked by oahoah at 12:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I usually spend about $10-$15 per child but I also shop and stores that have nicer items for less.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 12:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My daughter had three parties this weekend and they all got a gift card. Cheesy perhaps, but what do you give a child you don't know? One of her friends said he wanted a Final Fantasy game for his PS3 and I was thinking no, I have never met him and my kids are lucky if I spend that much on a video game. So, we bought gift cards.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would keep it in that $10 range. Under $20 for sure. That's a lot of gifts to buy over the course of a year.
    SonyaaaS

Answer by SonyaaaS at 12:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• YEAH me too
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010