Jesus had HIV?

Okay, this even shocked me...

"A pastor in South Africa shocked church-goers with a sermon Sunday by claiming Jesus was HIV-positive.

While some are outraged at South African Pastor's Xola Skosana's words because they portray Jesus Christ as possibly being sexually promiscuous, the pastor told followers that Jesus frequently put himself in the position of the poor or sick population.

Skosana also said he used the example to illustrate the stigma that HIV/AIDS still has on South Africans and people around the world.

"Of course, there's no scientific evidence that Jesus had the HI virus in his bloodstream," the pastor said according to the BBC. "The best gift we can give to people who are HIV-positive is to help de-stigmatise Aids and create an environment where they know God is not against them, he's not ashamed of them."

That's all the article says, but WOW, seriously?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yikes. HIV didn't exist then. I think the guy might be nuts.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Everyone has opinions I guess. Whatever...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• ha ha ha ha ha just had to laugh...some people just do not know when to quit with getting the followers for their religion!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Jesus was probably the first to get it.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Can HIV be passed down from mothers?
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• God will hold him accountable on judgement day of what he taught his followers.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It sounds like he was trying to assure ppl (exp those with HIV) that they are not alone in their faith, that Jesus is still walking
    with them as he did once before.
    I have not read the full article, but I have heard many pastors combine todays issues with the past to include God or Jesus
    to their members... to me (I am not Christian) I think they are trying to keep ppl from losing their faith ...
    JMO...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• That's crazy! I always heard it was the clap.
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 8:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Now I have heard it all!

Answer by older at 8:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• eye rolling

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2010