How can I better encourage sitting on the potty?? I'm afraid my daughter is holding her urine.

She is 2 1/2 & I've waited a while before trainning because I wanted to be sure she was totally ready;she would often fight me about sitting on the toilet. I took it very slow, at her pace all the while giving lolli pops as rewards. I eventually had to start encouraging her to sit so I would give stickers for just sitting; initial interest in trainning was at 18 mnths, started slowly trainning at 2. I did put her in panties against my better judgement. She seemed to show an interest in wearing them when other family would put her in them while visiting I figured she'd learn from feeling when she's going . She's been in panties about 2 weeks except for naps and bedtime. She won't go every hour or even every 2 hours she tells me she doesn't want to do pee pee, I remain positive trying to get her to sit and go but no luck!Any suggestions??

MamaDlove

Asked by MamaDlove at 2:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Check out this website
    http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/Dr-Phil-Potty-Training/Dr-Phil-Potty-Train-in-One-Day.htm
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 3:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Is she peeing in her underwear? My kids don't go pee every hour or even every 2 hours sometimes. If she isn't having any accidents then I wouldn't worry about it.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• My two boys don't go every two hours. My daughter is 16 mo and is in diapers and maybe goes 4 to 5 times a day. I doubt she is holding it in. That is really hard for a toddler to do. They usually don't have the muscle development to hold it in for long periods of time at that age.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2008